Jungle Adventure Tour Kerala
Kerala has its hands full of wildlife sanctuaries and its list is endless. Surveillance the wild animals thoroughly, sitting in their house i.e. jungle, is a stylish adventure in itself. Safari on elephant backs or watching the natural wild cats close you and moving around without feeling annoyed by your presence is a tough task in terms of bravery. So far to be a part of the jungle world is a beneficial idea in itself for many. Taking Ride on the elephant back and photographing the wild beasts is done by most.
This Tour Itinerary can be customized according to your travel needs & requirements.
Duration of Tour : 15 Days / 14 Nights
Day - 1 Arrive Chennai
Destinations Covered in Tour : Chennai - Mahabalipuram - Kanchipurami - Trichy - Madurai - Periyar - Cochin - Ooty - Bandipur - Bangalore - Madras
Welcome to the luxurious path to enjoy your holidays.
Arrive to a warm welcome in Chennai. Our representative will be at the Air port to receive you and will assist you to your hotel where you can relax for the remaining part of the day. Afternoon proceed for a half day city tour of Chennai.
Overnight stay would be at Chennai.
Day - 2 Mahabalipuram – Kanchipuram:
Classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Mahabalipuram was a 7th century port city of the South Indian dynasty of the Pallavas around 60 km south from the city of Chennai in Tamil Nadu.
• Thirukadalmallai, Descent of the Ganges, Arjuna's Penance, The Shore Temple, Pancha Rathas (Five Chariots)
The day starts with early breakfast and drive to Mahabalipuram – The monuments are mostly rock-cut and monolithic, and constitute the early stages of Dravidian architecture wherein Buddhist elements of design are prominently visible. Arignar Anna Zoological Park, Arignar Anna Illam, Dash ‘N’ Splash (this artificial children park has wave, free-fall, spiral children slides and artificial rainfall), kishkintha, kolarai lake, sakunthala museum of folk art, silk industries, queens land are some of the attractive places of kancheepuram.
After full day visit to mahabalipuram and kanchipuram. Later transfer to rail-station to board train to trichy.
Day - 3 Trichy: - famous for its Rock Fort.
Arrive trichy and transfer to hotel. Afternoon city tour.
• Rock fort, St. johns church, Bell tower, Srirangam temple
- Enjoy a lavish breakfast before coming out from your hotels. Afterwards, you will be taken to visit the above mentioned places. Rock fort is the main attraction of the Trichy. It is 83m high and looks like a cap of the hill. You will be able to see the clear view of Cauveri River from the top of the Ganesha temple. Poompuhar is a popular shopping center. You can also visit the unorthodox Shantivan ashram. After that take some lunch and rest for the whole night.
Day - 4 Madurai: -- ‘Athens of India’
• Meenakshi amman temple, Tirumalai nayak mahal, Tiruparankundram temple, Mariamman teppakulam holy pond
- Madurai also called ‘city of celebrations’. Meenakshi Amman temple is the second largest temple in India. Different episodes of demons, animals also found expressions in the temple. They are still intact. Nayak mahal bears the Rajasthani and Indo-serasenic architectural style. There you can watch attractive sound and light show narrating the glorious days of the Nayak kings. You can walk up and down the temple, take to visit the temple.
Day - 5 City Tour
5th day is basically meant for relaxation. A special facility is there, Spa massage and therapies will be provided according to the need of the person. After that go for the shopping and roam around the city on your own. This day is for leisure activities.
Overnight stay will take place at the hotel resort.
Day - 6 Periyar: - ‘peri’ means big and ‘yar’ means river. So Periyar means big river.
Morning drives to Periyar and transfer to hotel.
• Periyar wildlife sanctuary, Peermedu
-Periyar Spread-eagled over an area of 777 sq. km, this wildlife sanctuary has about 35 tigers and leopards. This wildlife sanctuary is situated in the hills of the Western Ghats in the state of Kerala. The park encompasses a 26 sq. km artificial lake and is the home of sambars, wild boars, elephants and antelopes which can be occasionally seen on the banks of the river during a boat cruise. Artificial lake is the main attraction. Periyar, otherwise, blessed by nature has huge amount of tea, coffee, pepper and cardamom plantations and has luxuriant greenery. Then get back to the hotel for night stay.
Day - 7 Visit sanctuary
Visit sanctuary by boat.
• A large population of wild elephants, bird, reptiles and tigers.
• The lush green forest, beautiful lakes along the contours of the wooded slopes.
Enjoy the sight scenes. Periyar is a very tranquil place that lies in the shade of Cardamom hills. A heaven for wildlife enthusiasts, the wildlife sanctuary is home to many exotic varieties of species. During your boat cruise, you will also be able to have a look at many wild animals lying on the banks of Lake Periyar. You will stay overnight at a hotel / lodge in Periyar.
Day - 8 Cochin: - A Host of Interesting Attractions
Drive to Cochin and transfer to hotel. Afternoon city tour.
• Mouth watering fresh seafood.
• Visit Veega Land, Cherai Beach, Parikshith Thampuran Museum, Palliport Fort.
• Unique backwaters, Forts & Palaces and Churches.
- An appointment with Cochin, the “Queen of the Arabian Sea” is located in the South Western Coast of the Indian Subcontinent. It is an exciting city and is also referred to as the Gateway to Kerala. It is a small town situated in the Ernakulam district of Kerala. The city is bordered by the Western Ghats in the East and the Arabian Sea in the West. The tourist attractions in Cochin include forts, sanctuaries, Palaces and Churches. Embark on a sightseeing tour on arrival. In the evening you can enjoy an enchanting Kathakali Dance presentation. Stay overnight at hotel.
Day - 9 Ooty: - Cluster of hill resorts.
Morning drives to ooty and transfer to hotel
• St. Stephen Church, Race course, Rose garden, Ooty lake, Doddabetta, Fruit garden, Dolphins nose
Detailed Itinerary: -
Ootacummund, or Udagamandalam or Ooty for short is the only hill resort of Tamilnadu. It is a beauty with all modern facilities and salubrious climate. Apart from the above mentioned places you can also enjoy the 2500 sq km wide Nilgiri hills. Quite foggy, Nilgiri is a bluish hill town pleasant place in South India. It is also called ‘Queen of Hills’. A journey to Nilgiri hills is a drive through picturesque surroundings, but the mainly sought after offerings of the estates are the unbelievably pure air.
Day - 10 Ooty
Botanical Gardens, Tiger Hill, Dodabetta Peak, Children’s park, Boat house lake, Pykara, Glen morgen, Avalanche, Valley View Lake, Wilson Fish Farm, St. Stephen Church, Marlimund Lake, Wenlock Downs, Avalanche, Elk Hill, Kalhatti Falls, Snow don, Glen Morgen.
- Visit the above places and get the knowledgeable things in your hand. This place is also a place of visit in the summer season for its chill climate. It is located at a height of 2286 m and is famous for its sprawling tea gardens.
Overnight stay in Ooty.
Day - 11 Bandipur: - famous for its national park.
Morning drives to Bandipur and transfer to hotel. Evening jungle activities.
• A large population of wild elephants, bird, reptiles and tigers
• The lush green forest, beautiful lakes along the contours of the wooded slopes
• Enjoy a ride on the elephant back and watch the enchanting wildlife from close quarters
• Nagarhole national park
Detailed Itinerary: -
Bandipur National park lie at the heart of an extensive forest at the confluence of the Western Ghats and Nilgiri hills. One of India's best known protected areas and is an important Project Tiger reserve. It is located in the Chamarajanagar district of southern Karnataka in South India. It is notable the home of around seventy Bengal tiger and over three thousand Indian elephants. Come and experience here to recharge your energy levels and feel refreshed once again.
Day - 12 Bandipur
Morning and evening jungle activities.
Significant numbers of Predator species of Mammals live in BNP including: Tiger, Leopard, Sloth Bear, Chevrotain, Dhole and Hyena. Prey species of grazing Ungulates including Gaur, Sambar (deer), Chital, Wild boar, Barking deer and Four-horned Antelope are common in B.N.P.
- You will be able to watch the different species of mammals, birds, snakes etc. that is really fabulous. Also the reserve consists of southern tropical moist mixed deciduous and southern tropical dry deciduous forest types.
Stay overnight at hotel in Bandipur.
Day - 13 Bangalore: - Garden city of India.
• Cuban park, Lalbagh, Summer palace of Tipu, Bull temple. Nandi hill
- Bangalore is one of the most cosmopolitan and modern cities of the country. This is an industrial town as well as least pollution among all the metropolis cities of the country. The climate of Bangalore is not only beautiful but almost a matter of envy to all. Wide roads, parks, trees beside the roads, bunglow type houses have added to the beauty of the city. It is also famous as the electronic city as it is the second largest exporter of computer software in the world. Many big industries have founded here. Visit the above mentioned places and gather the knowledge of the city.
Day - 14 Flight to madras
We will take you to back Madras airport from where you can head homewards or towards your next destination. Breakfast at the hotel is followed by check out and departure to the airport to continue with your onward journey.
Day - 15 Departure
Transfer to airport to board flight to madras. This will be the end of this wonderful and knowledgeable trip